Connections grants include, but are not limited to the following:
- Spiritual Pilgrimage: Assist individuals seeking to participate in a Religious or Spiritual pilgrimage to renowned holy sites within the intent of the Beads on One String mission statement.
- Education: Multi-Religious or spiritual education consistent with Beads on One String mission statement.
The purpose of the grant is to further inform and enhance the mission of Beads on One String. As such, recipients of the grant will be required to file a report that describes their experience of their activity, and if possible to provide any avenues for future follow-up for others.
Grants are available to all individuals around the world regardless of sex, age, color, nationality or religious background. While the program does not emphasize any particular form of religious practice or worship, it seeks to provide support to persons motivated by spiritual values. The program awards stipends to persons with a wide range of beliefs, practices, and philosophies. However, preference will be given to those who demonstrate a commitment to the recognition of linkages and connections across varying traditions and world views, who have a well thought out project, and are considering full time dedication to furthering the interests of the Beads on One String mission statement.
Terms of acceptance:
Preference shall be given to those scholarship applicants who, in written narratives and personal interviews, demonstrate:
- Clearly stated values and devotion to a spiritual cause
- An interest in pursuing a life-long formal devotion to a spiritual tradition
- Previous experience and study of world Religion, philosophy, and mysticism.
- Calling to dedicate oneself in service to humanity
The number of grants and amount gifted may vary yearly on a funds available basis.
The number of grants and scholarships will be determined based on a recommendation from the Scholarship Committee and voted effective by the board of directors.
The amount for each scholarship and grant will be determined based on a recommendation from the Scholarship Committee and voted effective by the board of directors.